I threw out WordPress
After years of using Wordpress for my blog, I finally made a decision I should have made yeas ago.
The idea grew after releasing a poll on X (former Twitter) early 2023, read the story about that here. The response on that post was so widespread that I still needed some time to review everything thoroughly.
Eventhough I would be able to craft everything from scratch with Laravel, I finally chose for Statamic for several reasons, being:
- Beautiful UI/DX on the CMS side
- Flat file pattern | DB driver
- Blueprinting (that look promising for the customers at Vulpo)
- Their website just had me from the first second.
Besides all this, I love the idea that I have a normal laravel environment under the hood of this CMS.
So basically I'd be capable of adding custom stuff all over the place, or even running a Newsletter engine on the same site. With an easy opt-in on the statamic's pages, but processing it in plain old Laravel commands, queues or tasks.
I might do that in the coming months 🤔
There are a few things I'd like to add or adjust to the current setup.
- Optimize design (I'm no designer, so I'll take a look at this with my team)
- Add meta tags on the articles
- Optimize the code blocks, maybe use a code highligher package for this (If you have any suggestions, send me a message)
- Integrate Strava like my previous blog
- Maybe add a newsletter
See y'all around!
#statamic, #personal, #blog